Weather closings and delays

No injuries after house fire in Alamance County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEBANE, N.C. — No injuries were reported after authorities said a gas generator exploded and caused a house fire Friday afternoon in Alamance County.

The Burlington Times-News reported that the blaze destroyed at home on Allen Jarrett Drive north of Mebane.

The fire was reported around 5:30 p.m. and was still burning about three hours later, although the flames were under control, according to the paper.

Several fire departments in the area had units that responded including Mebane, Pleasant Grove, Haw River and Efland.

The victims said their home was insured. They said they had several dogs who also made it out safely.

Read more: The Burlington Times-News