Several Winston-Salem roadways blocked this morning
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Several roadways throughout Winston-Salem are closed or partially blocked Friday morning due to fallen trees, power lines and power outages from Thursday night’s storms.
Police have reported full or partial road closures at the following locations:
- 3300 and 3400 blocks of Carver School Road
- Transou Road between Peter Pfaff Drive and Mickle Road
- 2200 W. Clemmonsville Road (near Ebert Street) – one lane of travel
- Stanleyville Drive between University Parkway and Oak Hollow Road (limited passage)
- University Road and East Hanes Mill Road (stop lights not working — officers are directing traffic)
Police said they did not have information about road closures on side streets, so they advise drivers to keep an eye out for fallen trees, power lines or debris in the roadway during their Friday morning commute.