WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- On this edition of Recipe Wednesday, FOX8's Shannon Smith will be featuring Bib's Downtown BBQ in Winston-Salem.
The restaurant, which was recently selected to be on the BBQ Pitmasters reality TV series, will share their own unique 'cue recipes.
For more on the restaurant, visit bibsdowntown.com.
Bib's Pulled Pork Egg Rolls
- One egg roll wrapper
- 1/2 cup of Pulled Pork
- 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese
- Bib's House Sauce, or any sauce you may like
- One egg -- beaten
- Lay egg roll wrapper flat so you have a point top and bottom and side-to-side.
- Place pulled pork in lower center of wrapper, then put cheese on top of pork. Now top with sauce.
- Pull bottom corner up over top of mixture and pull toward you. Now fold both side corners up over top of roll so it holds mixture in side roll. Now brush egg wash over the remaining edges and top corner of wrapper and roll up until it seals.
- Drop egg roll into 350-degree deep fryer for 2 to 3 min. until golden brown.
Pulled Pork Summer Salad
- 2 1/2lb of pulled pork
- 1/2 cup of diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of Bib's sauce
- 1 tsp of Bib's rub,or a rub blend of your own
- 4 hard boil eggs (diced)
- Pull & cool the pulled pork,mix all together and let set for an hour or serve right away. Serve on a sandwich,or in a hollowed out tomato,or on a bed of lettuce.
Bib's Smoked Pimento Cheese & Bacon Burger
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- salt & pepper
Bib's Pimento Cheese:
- 2 lb of shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped roasted red peppers
- mix all together and set aside
- 2 slices of bacon
- Lettuce & tomato
- Roll & Pat out a 1/2 lb burger,salt & pepper both sides and place on a 250 degree smoker.
- will take about 1 hour for a med well done burger.
- Put about 2 Tbsp of pimento cheese on bottom half of bun,now put 2 strips of bacon on top of pimento cheese,
- now place the burger on top of bacon & cheese.put mayonnaise on top half of bun with lettuce and tomato and
- place on top of bottom half.hold together with both hands and enjoy!
Bib's Ol School Banana Pudding
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp of corn starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- about 48 vanilla wafers
- 4 bananas (sliced)
- Put sugar,salt and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Put egg yolks,milk and vanilla in a small pot.add the dry to the egg & milk mixture until well blended -- this will be your custard pudding.
- cook on med heat,stirring constantly until custard becomes thick.(do not burn bottom of pot,keep it stirring)
- Put half of the wafers in a dish of choice and all of the sliced bananas on top of wafers,pour the warm pudding
- over top of bananas and wafers,top with remaining wafers.can eat warm or let cool and top with fresh cream.