House fire displaces family in Davidson County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Officials said no injuries were reported at a house fire Saturday morning in Denton.

The Lexington Dispatch reported that the incident occurred around 8:02 a.m. at 359 S. Jones St.

Extensive smoke, water and fire damage was reported throughout the house. Officials described the two-story home as “pretty much a total loss.”

Chief Raeford Dorsett of the Denton Volunteer Fire Department said a man, identified as the husband, put wood in a stove to the heat the house about 6 a.m.

Smoke alarms went off about two hours later and the man went to check on the stove, Dorsett said. The man reportedly saw flames coming from the stove area and escaped with his family.

Dorsett said he was unsure how many children were in the home.

Authorities said the Greater High Point-Davidson Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.

More: The Lexington Dispatch.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.