Videos show storm damage around the Piedmont Triad

Caldwell County fire destroys 100-year-old house

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LENOIR, N.C. — Authorities in Caldwell County say a vent in a clothes dryer is to blame for a fire that destroyed a 100-year-old house.

The Charlotte Observer reports that the couple and two children who live in the two-story, wooden frame house in the Little River community were not injured and were not at home when the fire occurred Saturday.

Caldwell County Fire Marshal Robbie Wilkie said the family had left a load of laundry in the clothes dryer and left their home. Wilkie said a passerby noticed the flames.

Firefighters were on their way just before 11 a.m. when the homeowner noticed smoke nearby and returned home. By then, the house was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters were rotated to fight the blaze as a result of the heat.
Information from: The Charlotte Observer,

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.