Elderly couple dies in Salisbury house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SALISBURY, N.C. — An elderly couple died Thursday afternoon after their house in Salisbury caught fire.

Robert Turner, 85, and his wife, Wanda Turner, 82, were both killed in the fire, which broke out around 12:15 p.m. at the couple’s home on West 12th and North Church Street.

The blaze was ruled accidental due to an “overloaded electrical outlet,” police said in a news release.

WSOC reports that Robert was formerly a pastor at Salisbury First Church of Nazarene. The couple had been married for more than 60 years.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.