Our Internship Philosophy
Provide robust, meaningful internship experience, where students energize the workforce with fresh ideas and perspectives and in turn have the opportunity to be inspired by the passionate work that is delivered each day across Tribune Company.
WGHP FOX8 welcomes the opportunity to get to know students who are interested in pursuing a career in media.
We offer the following four Internship Sessions:
- Fall (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – August 1)
- Winter (4-10 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – November 1)
- Spring (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – November 1)
- Summer (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – May 1)
***Maximum of 40 hours per week. Limited to 1 internship session per calendar year.
- Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US. Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work the hours required by department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved.
Attn: Kay Lain
2005 Francis Street
High Point, NC 27263
WGHP FOX8 reserves the right to terminate any internship at any time, with or without notice, and at its sole discretion. If for any reason the student intern’s College or University sees fit to terminate the internship, it will be the Student’s and College or University’s responsibility to notify WGHP FOX8
FOX 8 WGHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for internship without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in accordance with federal, state and local law.