FOX 8 WGHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in accordance with federal, state and local law.
Digital Sales Manager – Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8 is recruiting for a dynamic sales professional to join our station. This position is an integral part of the sales management team. The DSM is a progressive, creative thinker who can conceptualize, execute, and close revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser’s goals to our multimedia digital properties, including, but not limited to, the station websites, apps, social media, off-site partners, and marketing services.
This position works on the sales management team in tandem with the Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager in business development for the overall operation; specifically championing digital sales. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales.
Major responsibilities and efforts include but are not limited to:
- Drive local digital revenue growth for the station and company; take revenue share out of the market, and create new digital business – be a part of every local advertiser’s budget.
- Work at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers.
- Work in tandem with the Local, National, and Vice President of Sales in revenue strategy, expense management, training, and overall cross-media revenue production.
- Oversight of all digital sales products, inventory management and pricing strategies.
- Ability to forecast revenue, develop and sustain a business plan to exceed the digital sales budget.
- Management of the digital sales pipeline, including the formation of individual AE budgets.
- Coach and deliver sales presentations in tandem with AE’s.
- Create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the AE’s and assist with prospecting, building plans, negotiating and closing deals.
- Brainstorm creative digital promotions that leverage the digital and broadcast assets.
- Develop and deliver best practices for digital knowledge among the sales department and clients.
- Partner with News and Creative Services to support the overall growth of our digital audiences through internal strategic objectives.
- Work with the corporate digital team on corporate led sales initiatives and group sales projects.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support digital initiatives including ad operations, creative, marketing services, analytics partners, contesting and email programs, lead generation, search, and others.
- Produce reporting, and other support functions of Interactive.
Desired Skill and Experience:
- Promote a winning, positive culture. Be a team player. Have thick skin, ability to sell up and down. Have passion for the business, your job, and helping clients to be successful.
- 5 years or more experience in sales, promotions, or marketing required. Digital advertising experience preferred. Sales management experience a plus.
- Ability to translate and communicate problems into opportunities.
- Presentation experience, excellent written and verbal communications essential.
- Creative thinking essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manage time wisely, and prioritize projects and people.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, screen sharing, Excel, social media, etc.
- Some technical skills to work with ad tags, analytics, campaign tools.
WEEKEND NEWS PRODUCER – Regular Full Time
Do you want to produce a newscast that’s smart and relevant? WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a dynamic producer to join our weekend team. This producer will be responsible for overseeing the production of the newscast; choosing stories and placement of stories in the newscast. You will write the bulk of newscast, with assistance from associate producer. In addition, you will participate in story meetings and set up content and interviews. Coordinate crews as needed. Work hand-in-hand with production department to communicate graphic needs and blocking of show. Review meter and diary ratings to determine direction for newscasts with news managers.
The successful candidate must be aggressive, have strong organizational skills, be creative, competitive, patient, and a strong team player. Must be a quick writer, demonstrating exceptional spelling and grammar. Must communicate effectively in booth during a show and work one-on-one with talent in structuring the show. Must be able to effectively judge multiple live shots, satellite shots with anchors, and have a clean show. College diploma and 2-4 years of line producing experience preferred.
General Assignment Reporter, Regular Full Time
WGHP, Tribune Media’s FOX affiliate serving the Piedmont area of North Carolina is recruiting for a dynamic reporter who will break stories, do creative live shots, and enterprise great pkgs. We have award winning photojournalists, all the best equipment and 10.5 hours of local news to fill a day. We’re seeking someone who can quickly become immersed in the community to develop and maintain a story source network. Duties include planning, researching, writing, and reporting (both live and taped), as well as personal appearances on behalf of the station. The job requires solid journalism skills and a strong knowledge of national and international events, as well as keeping up on all local stories. Must be able to deal effectively with people, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work accurately and efficiently under pressure.
Candidate must demonstrate proficiency with live news technology, creative production techniques, and newsroom computers, have a minimum of 2 years of television news experience, and be a strong live reporter with excellent writing and storytelling skills.
College degree required, with preferred major in journalism.
Master Control Operator, Regular Full Time
WGHP is recruiting for a Master Control Operator to join its team. The MC will operate state of the art broadcast equipment including but not limited to automated on-air playback systems, satellite receiving equipment and server based media storage systems. Must be a highly motivated individual with heavy emphasis on digital media, FTP protocol, and file movement from in house and out of house networks. Oversee transmitter remote, take transmitter readings, and make remote adjustments to transmitter as needed. Must communicate effectively with all station departments. Must make quick decisions and have the ability to react quickly to changing conditions. Must be able to precisely write discrepancy reports daily and maintain written documentation of daily events and errors during assigned shifts. Regularly assesses audio and video (visually and audibly) content of on-air signal for quality and conformity to on-air look. Attend and participate in department meetings, safety meetings and training. Operator may assist in training other operators in attaining new skills or training new employees on station specific equipment and operations. Effectively communicate with other departments regarding on-air and operational situations. Occasionally moves throughout the station and the department to coordinate work requirements. Good computer skills a must. High school diploma required and college degree preferred. Prefer candidates that have 1-2 years’ experience as a Master Control Operator.
FOR CONSIDERATION – Interested candidates should apply online here. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you are an organization that would like to be added to the distribution list for the FOX 8 Job Openings, please contact us at TWilkins@Tribunemedia.com or call (336) 821-1204. You may also write us at:
FOX 8 WGHP
Attn: FOX 8 Jobs
2005 Francis St
High Point , NC 27263