FOX 8 WGHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in accordance with federal, state and local law.
Anchor, Morning – Regular Full Time
Hope you like waking up early, breaking news, fun cross talk, and a great working environment. Sound good? Well, a top rated FOX morning news show is looking for an anchor who can keep up with Brad Jones, Cindy Farmer, and Melissa Painter. You thought everything was big in Texas, try North Carolina. We have a five and half hour morning show with rotating anchors.
We’re looking for an energetic communicator, a great ad-libber, someone with excellent news judgment, a social media maven, and someone who enthusiastically takes part in community projects; we want the whole package.
So if you can check off those boxes, come in and start anchoring at 4:30am, juggle multiple projects, do it with a smile on your face and a great attitude, this is the place for you. We have all the tools to make great TV, now we need an AM anchor to help make it greater.
A 4-year degree and previous anchor experienced required.
Photojournalist – Regular Full Time (2 positions available)
WGHP/FOX 8, Tribune Media’s FOX affiliate serving the Piedmont area of North Carolina has a unique opportunity available for a seasoned photojournalist to join our team.
We are looking for an individual with a good attitude and excellent people skills. Teamwork with a reporter is essential, but some days you may gather the news solo. Must be able to work under deadline pressure, demonstrate solid ethical news judgment and have excellent communication skills.
Our photojournalists must be able to shoot, produce and edit creative television news stories on high definition broadcast equipment. Must be capable of learning how to operate an SNG/microwave live truck. Must understand basic NPPA storytelling, shooting, lighting and editing techniques. Be willing to work hard, tolerate flexible scheduling, including weekends, and like to have fun.
High school diploma required, college degree preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record. Previous ENG experience preferred.
Maintenance Technician (Regular Full Time)
WGHP/FOX is recruiting for a skilled maintenance technician to join our team. This is an excellent entry level engineering opportunity.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Will assist in installation, maintaining and repair of broadcast equipment, systems and installations, including but not limited to routing and switching systems, studio equipment, receivers and links, edit systems, live vehicles, RF and ENG/SNG equipment.
- Ideal candidate should have the ability to understand various broadcast systems functionality as the whole and to the device level of same broadcast systems.
- Work effectively and courteously with other departments to solve equipment and operational problems.
- Provide documentation, as required. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, technical drawings, databases, repair logs and procedures.
- Required to ensure timely repair of equipment.
- Regularly set up, adjust, assemble, control, test and operate station equipment to meet engineering department requirements.
- Required to keep skill sets and knowledge current in existing and emerging technologies.
- Must be proficient with word processing software and job specific software such as databases, terminal and control programs. Good computer skills are a must.
- An understanding of computer networking, cabling, software installation and repair
- Attend and participate in department meetings, safety meetings and training.
- Must be able to lift equipment weighing 50 pounds.
- Regularly receives and gives information and instruction via telephone and e-mail to station personnel or outside vendors.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager of Engineering or VP/Director of Technology.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and varied hours, holidays and weekends as required. Must be prepared to occasionally work outside in adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow and extreme heat or cold. Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds (using hand truck or pushcart) and with hands lift and carry equipment, traverse walking distances, stairs and rough terrain to complete essential job functions
Travel as required to remote production site, translator and transmitter sites.
Producer, Executive – Evening, Regular Full Time
Aggressive, competitive, and boundary-testing; those are the three traits we’re looking for in the next FOX8 Evening Executive Producer. Win breaking news and telling great stories each day, it’s what we are all about here at FOX8. You have to have the vision to use all of our storytelling tools to put on an informative and entertaining news product. You will manage all aspects of the 5, 6, and 10 p.m. newscasts, so great communications skills is a must. So if you want to join a top-notch staff of journalists, you want to use all the latest toys, and you have a good sense of humor, what are you waiting for? Apply.
- Overall responsibility for newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production
- Work with team to create innovative news content; able to think differently and critically
- Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage
- Step in and write, edit and produce as needed
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years previous news producing experience
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, holidays
Associate Producer – Regular Full Time (2 positions available)
WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a person with a passion for writing and a nose for news. This individual will assist newscast producers with all elements of putting together a newscast including writing and researching stories. Will work with all aspects of the production of a newscast, including coordination with the production staff and graphic artists. Could be assigned overnight and weekend shifts. Will perform other duties as assigned.
This is a training position with expectations to become a newscast producer who will fill-in as needed. Must be an excellent writer, focusing on matching script to video. Must have outstanding spelling, grammar, and copy editing skills. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Broadcast and other related news experience preferred. Must have good news judgment and know current events. Requires strong communications and people skills. Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within specific time constraints.
Requirements: College degree required. Must be proficient with PC and industry-specific software.
FOR CONSIDERATION – Interested candidates should apply online here. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you are an organization that would like to be added to the distribution list for the FOX 8 Job Openings, please contact us at TWilkins@Tribunemedia.com or call (336) 821-1204. You may also write us at:
FOX 8 WGHP
Attn: FOX 8 Jobs
2005 Francis St
High Point, NC 27263