FOX 8 WGHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in accordance with federal, state and local law.
Planning Producer, AM – Regular Full Time
Can you help plan the most interesting, most informed, and most fun morning news show? Do you have the organizational skills to juggle network live shots, local live shots, and a country band in studio live? Those are just a few of the things you’ll be working on as an AM Planning Producer. You’ll work a 7-4pm shift making sure the next day is set up, and the day after that is set up, and the day after that is set. The main goal is to plan segments and big story coverage. You’ll need to format and write the segment consulting with the Morning Executive Producer. Be prepared to come in on weekends if something big is happening on Monday and also check your ego at the door since you might have to produce from time to time. Requirements:
- 3 years producing experience
- Good organizational skills
- Flexible schedule
- Great interpersonal skills
Editor – Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8 serving the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina is looking for a full-time Video News Editor. The ideal candidate will be able to work well under pressure with accuracy and precision in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented news environment.
This person will exercise proper news judgment while working closely with producers and reporters to edit video for newscasts.
*High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of one year previous professional experience as an editor using standard broadcast non-linear editing equipment, preferably Final Cut Pro
* Demonstrated ability to consistently use good judgment and decision-making skills
* Demonstrated creativity and ability to organize news footage into coherent, well-paced news packages
* Work with producers and graphic designers to visually enhance information in the newscast. Must make effective use of full screen graphics, lower thirds, boxes, and more
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person with co-workers and viewers while working under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Proven record of dependability, ability to consistently meet deadlines, and ability to work a variety of schedules to meet company needs
* Ability to work in a limited work space with reasonable accommodation
Please visit www.tribunemediacareers.com to apply online. Please include a link to a reel of your work, if available.
No phone calls please.
Associate Producer – Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a person with a passion for writing and a nose for news. This individual will assist newscast producers with all elements of putting together a newscast including writing and researching stories. Will work with all aspects of the production of a newscast, including coordination with the production staff and graphic artists. Could be assigned overnight and weekend shifts. Will perform other duties as assigned.
This is a training position with expectations to become a newscast producer who will fill-in as needed. Must be an excellent writer, focusing on matching script to video. Must have outstanding spelling, grammar, and copy editing skills. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Broadcast and other related news experience preferred. Must have good news judgment and know current events. Requires strong communications and people skills. Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment within specific time constraints.
Requirements: College degree required. Must be proficient with PC and industry specific software.
Photojournalist – Regular Full Time (2 positions available)
WGHP/FOX 8, Tribune Media’s FOX affiliate serving the Piedmont area of North Carolina has a unique opportunity available for a seasoned photojournalist to join our team.
We are looking for an individual with a good attitude and excellent people skills. Teamwork with a reporter is essential, but some days you may gather the news solo. Must be able to work under deadline pressure, demonstrate solid ethical news judgment and have excellent communication skills.
Our photojournalists must be able to shoot, produce and edit creative television news stories on high definition broadcast equipment. Must be capable of learning how to operate an SNG/microwave live truck. Must understand basic NPPA storytelling, shooting, lighting and editing techniques. Be willing to work hard, tolerate flexible scheduling, including weekends, and like to have fun.
High school diploma required, college degree preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record. Previous ENG experience preferred.
Producer, Executive – Evening, Regular Full Time
Aggressive, competitive, and boundary-testing; those are the three traits we’re looking for in the next FOX8 Evening Executive Producer. Win breaking news and telling great stories each day, it’s what we are all about here at FOX8. You have to have the vision to use all of our storytelling tools to put on an informative and entertaining news product. You will manage all aspects of the 5, 6, and 10 p.m. newscasts, so great communications skills is a must. So if you want to join a top-notch staff of journalists, you want to use all the latest toys, and you have a good sense of humor, what are you waiting for? Apply.
- Overall responsibility for newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production
- Work with team to create innovative news content; able to think differently and critically
- Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage
- Step in and write, edit and produce as needed
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years previous news producing experience
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, holidays
FOR CONSIDERATION – Interested candidates should apply online here. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you are an organization that would like to be added to the distribution list for the FOX 8 Job Openings, please contact us at TWilkins@Tribunemedia.com or call (336) 821-1204. You may also write us at:
FOX 8 WGHP
Attn: FOX 8 Jobs
2005 Francis St
High Point, NC 27263