FOX 8 WGHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in accordance with federal, state and local law.
Assistant News Director, Regular Full Time
WGHP-TV in Greensboro, NC, is looking for someone who has a passion for news, loves to showcase content, is aggressive with breaking news coverage and ready to be an Assistant News Director!
Qualified candidates must have great people and writing skills, as well as excellent news judgment. You’ll mentor reporters and producers as they generate memorable content for all of our platforms: websites, mobile devices, social networking sites and local news broadcasts.
This is a senior management position, perfect for the aspiring news director.
- Be able to shine at showcasing our content whether it’s a special project or daily news.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of newsroom operation with direct responsibility for staff scheduling and reporter/producer advancement
- Participate in the hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Ensures quality news, sports and weather presentation through consistent writing and graphics.
- Oversees pre-planning for news specials and special assignments and works closely with executive producers to ensure aggressive, competitive and compelling newscasts.
- Creates and coordinates editorial projects across corporate lines. Assists in developing overall editorial and promotional strategy to increase ratings.
This position requires an undergraduate degree in journalism or equivalent coursework. Minimum of 7 years newscast producing, reporting and/or assignment desk management experience required. Previous management experience is a must.
Senior Producer, AM – Regular Full Time
Looking to get a foot into management and be a part of the best Morning News program around? Then FOX8 WGHP-TV is the place for you. We have an opening for a Senior Morning Producer. This person will be in charge of making sure the right stories are in the right places with all the right information. You’ll check scripts for the 5 ½ hour morning show and work closely with the Morning EP to push forward our vision for an urgent, fast-paced, breaking news show. You gotta love early mornings since your shift starts at Midnight.
- Work closely with Morning EP
- Write and approve content for air
- Collaborate with producers, associate producers, and assignment desk to select stories for coverage
- Produce shows when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years TV news producing experience
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Know how to have some fun too!
Photojournalist – Regular Full Time (2 positions available)
WGHP/FOX 8, Tribune Media’s FOX affiliate serving the Piedmont area of North Carolina has a unique opportunity available for a seasoned photojournalist to join our team.
We are looking for an individual with a good attitude and excellent people skills. Teamwork with a reporter is essential, but some days you may gather the news solo. Must be able to work under deadline pressure, demonstrate solid ethical news judgment and have excellent communication skills.
Our photojournalists must be able to shoot, produce and edit creative television news stories on high definition broadcast equipment. Must be capable of learning how to operate an SNG/microwave live truck. Must understand basic NPPA storytelling, shooting, lighting and editing techniques. Be willing to work hard, tolerate flexible scheduling, including weekends, and like to have fun.
High school diploma required, college degree preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record. Previous ENG experience preferred.
Studio Operator, Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8 has an opening for a Studio Operator.
The successful candidate will operate various studio and production equipment such as camera, teleprompter, character generator and audio board. Must also work with studio operations manager in studio preparations for productions, i.e. lighting, putting up sets, working on a ladder, product displays, studio and prop room cleanup and organization. Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education in broadcast studies would be helpful. College degree preferred. High school diploma required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Master Control Operator/Director – Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8 has an opening for a Master Control Operator. The successful candidate will operate state of the art broadcast equipment including but not limited to automated on-air playback systems, satellite receiving equipment and server based media storage systems. Must be a highly motivated individual with heavy emphasis on digital media, FTP protocol, and file movement from in house and out of house networks.
Oversee transmitter remote, take transmitter readings, and make remote adjustments to transmitter as needed. Must communicate effectively with all station departments. Must make quick decisions and have the ability to react quickly to changing conditions. Must be able to precisely write discrepancy reports daily and maintain written documentation of daily events and errors during assigned shifts. Regularly assesses audio and video (visually and audibly) content of on-air signal for quality and conformity to on-air look. Attend and participate in department meetings, safety meetings, and training. Operator may assist in training other operators in attaining new skills or training new employees on station specific equipment and operations. Effectively communicate with other departments regarding on-air and operational situations. Occasionally moves throughout the station and the department to coordinate work requirements.
Good computer skills a must. High school diploma required and college degree preferred. Prefer candidates that have 1-2 years’ experience as a Master Control Operator.
Do you want to produce a newscast that’s smart and relevant? WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a dynamic producer to join our morning team. This producer will be responsible for overseeing the production of the newscast; choosing stories and placement of stories in the newscast.
You will write the bulk of newscast, with assistance from associate producer. In addition, you will participate in story meetings and set up content and interviews. Coordinate crews as needed. Work hand-in-hand with production department to communicate graphic needs and blocking of show. Review meter and diary ratings to determine direction for newscasts with news managers.
The successful candidate must be aggressive, have strong organizational skills, be creative, competitive, patient, and a strong team player. Must be a quick writer, demonstrating exceptional spelling and grammar. Must communicate effectively in the booth during a show and work one-on-one with talent in structuring the show. Must be able to effectively judge multiple live shots, satellite shots with anchors, and have a clean show. College diploma and 2-4 years of line producing experience preferred.
Producer, Executive – Evening, Regular Full Time
Aggressive, competitive, and boundary-testing; those are the three traits we’re looking for in the next FOX8 Evening Executive Producer. Win breaking news and telling great stories each day, it’s what we are all about here at FOX8. You have to have the vision to use all of our storytelling tools to put on an informative and entertaining news product. You will manage all aspects of the 5, 6, and 10 p.m. newscasts, so great communications skills is a must. So if you want to join a top-notch staff of journalists, you want to use all the latest toys, and you have a good sense of humor, what are you waiting for? Apply.
- Overall responsibility for newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production
- Work with team to create innovative news content; able to think differently and critically
- Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage
- Step in and write, edit and produce as needed
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years previous news producing experience
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, holidays
ENTRY LEVEL MARKETING AND ADVERTISING SPECIALIST – REGULAR FULL TIME
If you are a highly motivated individual with outside sales experience and would like to join a top-rated TV station in the Greensboro-High Point-Winston-Salem market, send your cover letter and resume to FOX8/WGHP.
We are looking for a polished professional or recent college graduate looking to take their sales skills to the next level utilizing multi-platform sales: internet, broadcast, social media and digital channel.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships. Strong negotiation skills, the ability to multitask, and a creative eye for commercial ideas are also necessary. Keen organizational and computer skills are required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous outside sales experience preferred. College degree required.
Promotions Producer, Regular Full Time
FOX8 WGHP, in Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point, NC has an immediate opening for a seasoned Promotion Producer. This is NOT a call for a promo “pre-editor.” We are not seeking a “Jack-or-Jill-of-all-trades” type. We’re after an experienced promo pro with expert skills in one, or more, facets of production. Are you a dynamite After Effects editor? A rock star shooter? A clever and witty writer? What is your specialty, and what separates you from the rest of the field? If your skill set matches our needs, you might be the right person to join our award winning team. We are a collaborative group of highly skilled and specialized promo pros. Send us your reel and show us what you can bring to the mix. Minimum 2 years’ experience required. High school diploma also required, college degree in television production, communications, etc. preferred. Calls encouraged. Job duties include…
- Create, develop and produce on-air promotional spots. This includes producing and editing on-air image campaigns, end-panels, lower third graphics, VO Tags, station IDs, etc.
- Shoot/Write/Produce/Edit special event and contest promos, as well as organize, set-up and oversee special promotional events.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Production Suite required (Premiere, After Effects, etc.).
- In the absence of the Creative Services Director, strategically place promotional announcements on daily log.
- In addition to working directly with all station departments, such as traffic, operations, and sales, must have open working relationship and maintain contact with FOX and Syndicated Distributors for changes, directives, specials, and in maintaining all necessary promotional elements.
- Create promotional material for the Sales Department.
- Develop and coordinate viewer-related contests and drawings.
- Work very closely with the news department to determine promotional priorities and creative decisions of individual news programs and talent.
FOR CONSIDERATION – Interested candidates should apply online here. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you are an organization that would like to be added to the distribution list for the FOX 8 Job Openings, please contact us at TWilkins@Tribunemedia.com or call (336) 821-1204. You may also write us at:
FOX 8 WGHP
Attn: FOX 8 Jobs
2005 Francis St
High Point, NC 27263