Overnight storms downed power lines and trees, leaving extensive damage to structures throughout the Triad, including the leveling of a building on Kennedy Street in Eden. Several cars lie beneath the rubble.
As of 6:30 a.m., thousands of people are without power in Guilford and Rockingham counties. See the Duke Energy Outage Map here.
- A tree down on house Mechanic Road in Asheboro
- Tree down Johnston Farm/Gravel Hill Road in Denton
- Tree down on Loslin Hill Road in Trinity
- Tree down at Mack Road in Asheboro
- Tree down near Route 42 in Randolph County
- Tree down on Kennedy Street in Eden
- Tree down on Madison Street in Reidsville
- Tree down at Meadowbrook Terrace and Montgomery Place in Greensboro
- Tree on an apartment building at 236 Trent Street in Kernersville. Eight people had to move out of four apartments -- no injuries.
- Tree on house on Vickery Chapel Road in Jamestown
- Tree on house with partial collapse in Browns Summit
- Tree down across road at West Wendover Avenue at Holden Road in Greensboro
- Tree on house at North Church Street at Highway 150 in Browns Summit
- Tree in house at 4921 Church St. in Greensboro
Rockingham County Schools will be closed on Friday with an optional teacher workday. Child care and staff will operate on a two-hour delay.
Four Guilford County Schools will be on a two-hour delay due to extensive storm damage.
Northern High School, Northern Middle School, Northern Elementary School and McNair Elementary School will all be on a delay. Employees should arrive two hours later than normal as well.
Wind damage from overnight and some lingering showers may affect the morning commute. The rest of the day will be breezy with isolated showers and mostly cloudy skies. Highs will be around 72°.
Isolated showers are expected overnight and through the day Saturday. The chance of rain is 30 percent. It will be mostly cloudy and cooler, with highs in the mid-60’s.
More sunshine is in the forecast for Sunday through Tuesday. Highs will be in the mid- to upper-60’s.
By Wednesday and Thursday, we’ll have mostly cloudy skies with a few showers. The chance of rain both days is 30 percent or less. Enjoy highs in the mid-70’s.