Winston-Salem man accused of raping a minor receives additional charges
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A 37-year-old Winston-Salem man accused of committing numerous sexual acts with a minor is now facing an additional 15 charges, according to a press release.
On Tuesday, the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office opened a report involving a 16-year-old girl being the victim of various sexual offenses. Early Wednesday morning, Jason Michael Clapp was arrested on nine counts of first-degree exploitation of a minor. The charges include the act of producing child pornography.
After a forensic interview at the Dragonfly House Children’s Advocacy Center in Mocksville, investigators discovered at least 15 more incidents of abuse.
Clapp’s additional charges include:
- Six counts of statutory rape of a child 13, 14, or 15 years old
- Five counts of incest
- One count of first-degree rape of a child
- One count of first-degree sex offense
- One count of second-degree forcible rape
- One count of second-degree forcible sex offense
He received an additional $5 million secured bond to his initial $1 million bond.