FOX8 high school football scoreboard

Woman rescued from burning home in Thomasville

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

THOMASVILLE, N.C. — The State Bureau of Investigation is now taking the lead in a house fire on Cub Drive Wednesday that trapped a young woman.

Just before noon 911 dispatch received a call from a woman inside the home saying she was trapped in a bathroom. Investigators have not released the woman’s name. A neighbor says the woman’s mother came out of the home yelling for help. Firefighters say they were able to get to the woman trapped but would not comment on the extent of her injuries. She was taken by EMS to Wake Forest Baptist’s Burn Unit. Her condition remains unknown.

Four fire departments responded to the fire. A family pet was also rescued from the home.