Carl Edwards to forgo 2017 season to pursue other interests
NASCAR star Carl Edwards will forgo the 2017 season to pursue other interests, Fox Sports reports.
In a press conference on Wednesday, Joe Gibbs Racing is expected to announce 37-year-old Edwards’ decision. Daniel Suarez, reigning champion of the Xfinity Series, will replace Edwards as the driver of the No. 19 Monster Energy Cup Series Toyota.
In his career, Edwards has 445 starts, with 28 race victories and 124 top fives.
- 2007 NASCAR Busch Series champion
- 2011 NASCAR Spring All-Star Race champion
- 2007 Prelude to the Dream winner
- 2015 Coca-Cola 600 winner
- 2015 Bojangles’ Southern 500 winner
Team representatives declined to comment on the matter and additional details are not currently available.
Learn more about Edwards here.