Local family loses home, Christmas presents in house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. -- A family in Whitsett lost their home after a fire on Saturday morning.

The Whitsett Fire Department and Guilford County emergency workers responded to the fire at 1337 Village Road lot 46 at about 10:43 a.m.

Nobody was home at the time, but crews managed to save a dog, using oxygen to make sure the dog was safe.

The fire was contained to a couple rooms. There is no word yet on a cause.

The family has set up a fundraising page online.