Police investigate fire at High Point apartment complex
HIGH POINT, N.C. — A contractor suffered minor burns on his hands after a blow torch he was using caused some insulation to catch on fire while he was replacing a water valve at Hunter’s Point Apartments.
The High Point Fire Department responded to the fire at 2231 Shadow Valley Road Friday afternoon and quickly extinguished the fire that made its way into a void in the wall in the apartment building.
The contractor told fire investigators that he always makes sure to clear a large area around places he works with the torch and was surprised when the insulation caught fire.
He suffered second-degree burns to his hand while trying to put out the fire.