Click here to donate to the Salvation Army Hurricane Matthew relief effort

Donald Trump releases statement after vulgar 2005 video emerges

NEW YORK — Early Saturday morning, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump released a statement following the release of a video showing him making vulgar comments about women in 2005.

“I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not,” Trump said in the video. “I have said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me knows these words don’t reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize.”

Warning: Video contains explicit language.

Trump bragged about trying to have sex with a married woman and being able to grope women in previously unaired footage from 2005 that surfaced on Friday.

Trump is heard discussing women in vulgar terms during off-camera banter during the taping of a segment for “Access Hollywood,” footage which was obtained by The Washington Post.

During the lewd conversation captured by a microphone Trump was wearing on his lapel, Trump recounts how he tried to “f***” an unidentified married woman before bragging that he is “automatically attracted to beautiful (women)” and just starts “kissing them.” The conversation came just months after Trump married his third and current wife, Melania.

He also said: “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything … Grab them by the p****. You can do anything.”

Several leading Republican Party members came out to condemn his comments after the video was released.