Here’s how to help tornado relief efforts in the Triad

Unattended food on stove burns Winston-Salem home, family displaced

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Stock photo)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A Winston-Salem home burned Thursday after food was left unattended on a stove, according to a news release.

Winston-Salem Fire Department units responded to a report of smoke coming from the eaves of a dwelling at 1700 Guilford Drive. Upon arrival, units found a single-story wood frame residential home with heavy black smoke pushing from the eaves.

It took 29 fire personnel from 11 units and 36 minutes to control the fire.

The fire had also spread to the attic.

The home is owned by Esteban Anzaldo.

No one was injured.

Two adults and five children have been displaced. Representatives from American Red Cross responded and helped with those who were displaced.