Woman bites into moldy sandwich from North Carolina Burger King
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A complaint was filed with the Mecklenburg County Health Department against a Charlotte fast-food restaurant after a woman said she bit into a sandwich with moldy bread, according to WSOC.
The woman said she bought the sandwich at the Burger King at 2601 Beatties Ford Road. Lakendra Phifer was on her way to work when she bit into the sandwich she bought before sunrise.
“When I got to my parking space and opened the door, peeled back wrapper to eat the rest, I realized that I was eating mold,” Phifer said, after seeing green mold on the croissant sandwich.
“Contrary to belief, you cannot taste mold and savory sausage tastes better than mold — never tasted it,” Phifer said. “I immediately threw up from disgust.
She immediately took the sandwich back to the restaurant. She said the manager was apologetic and refunded money with no hesitation.
Read full story: WSOC