LEXINGTON, N.C. — The barbecue restaurant at the center of a Salmonella outbreak is back open.
A sign posted on the door last week said the owners planned to work on sanitation, regain the trust of customers and re-open Monday.
More than 200 people from at least 14 North Carolina counties and six other states have been identified with signs and symptoms consistent with Salmonellosis after eating at Tarheel Q, according to health officials.
Since the outbreak, six people have filed lawsuits against the restaurant.
So far at least a dozen people have been hospitalized during this outbreak.