Closings and delays

Photo: North Carolina firefighters treat dog exposed to smoke

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Firefighters in North Carolina have treated a dog exposed to smoke by using a special breathing device for animals.

The Charlotte Fire Department tweeted out a photo of the rescue on Friday. The dog was apparently exposed to smoke from a dryer fire. No injuries were reported.