Fire damages Winston-Salem restaurant
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A fire damaged a Winston-Salem restaurant on Monday afternoon.
The fire was reported at Wen Hwa Asian Fusion Cuisine, located at 134 Spruce Street North, at about 2:45 p.m.
An employee at the restaurant said she was trying to fry chicken when the grease spilled over near the stove and started the fire.
The flames rose into the ventilation system between the ceiling and roof, causing the fire to spread.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire, but there is extensive fire damage to the kitchen area and smoke damage to the whole restaurant.