Space heater starts camper fire that kills Randolph County man

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TRINITY, N.C. -- An electric space heater is believed to be the cause of a camper fire that killed a Trinity man.

Tony Edward McMahan died in the fire early Sunday morning.

Emergency workers responded to a vehicle fire at about 3:50 a.m. at 106 Don Ave. The camper was parked on the northeast side of the property. He lived on his family's property for many years and enjoyed hunting and fishing, his family said.