LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — A small portion of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction at Walt Disney World caught fire on Saturday night when embers from fireworks at Magic Kingdom landed on the exterior of the attraction.
The nightly fireworks had just ended when embers landed on the building outside the attraction about 10:30 p.m., igniting the fire, a Disney spokeswoman said.
The fire was first reported on social media around 10:20 p.m.
Reedy Creek Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire within minutes, according to eyewitnesses. An aerial ladder was used to put out the fire.
The fire was quickly put out, and no one was hurt, a Disney spokeswoman said. As of 11 p.m., multiple eyewitnesses said the fire was out.
Reedy Creek fire officials said fire likely started when fallout fireworks landed on top of the attraction and ignited decorative materials on the outside of the structure.
“We believe fireworks fell from the Magic Kingdom fireworks show and the ash landed at the top of the attraction, catching the fake grass on fire,” Bo Jones, spokesman for the Reedy Creek Fire Department, said in a statement. “The fire was contained to just the grass and did not get into the building or structure.”
The fire occurred during regular park hours and was difficult to access due to its location.
Passengers on the ride were able to get off safely. No injuries or major structure damage was reported.
The family-friendly roller coaster was closed for two hours before reopening around midnight.