Georgia toddler’s alcohol level .29 after being given mixed drink by parents
GEORGIA — A Georgia couple is accused of giving their 2-year-old son a mixed drink, causing the toddler to have alcohol poisoning, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The paper reported that the boy was taken to the hospital after he became unresponsive and stopped breathing. The boy’s blood alcohol concentration was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit for drivers in Georgia, police said.
The boy’s identity has not been released.
His mother, Jasmin Briana Moore, of Mableton, and William Chester Hickson, of Atlanta, were both arrested and charged with first degree cruelty to children.
Police say the parents gave the toddler a mixed drink Saturday night, consisting of Coca-Cola and 40 proof Paul Masson Brandy.
Both Moore and Hickson were being held Friday afternoon on $75,000 bond.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution