9 people sickened after insect fogger goes off in Asheboro business
ASHEBORO, N.C. — A HAZMAT team was called to El Club Mexicano in Asheboro Monday morning.
Crews responded to the business at 420 Waketa Drive around 11:34 a.m.
Nine people were transported to the hospital and the business was evacuated, officials say.
Officials say someone set off insect fogger, which made nine people sick. They were transported with non-life threatening injuries.
The business is closed for the rest of the day.
Since food products are packaged at this facility, all information has been turned over to the N.C. Department of Agriculture for a follow up investigation.