Man accused of killing two people in Florida arrested in NC
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man accused of killing two people in Florida earlier this week has been arrested in Charlotte.
WSOC-TV reported that David Junior Lopez was arrested Saturday morning after being tracked down by law enforcement from multiple agencies.
Officials said the suspect was wanted in Orlando for outstanding warrants, charging him with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder. Authorities said the crimes happened on August 5.
Law enforcement was able to find Lopez’s car Friday night in Charlotte and upon further investigation, found him at a home in the 2500 block of Marlowe Ave.
The suspect was immediately arrested and taken to the Mecklenburg Co. Jail where he will be held pending further court proceedings, according to authorities.