IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Court case for Hornets’ rookie Hairston moves to Sept. 12

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
P.J. Hairston when he played for UNC.

P.J. Hairston when he played for UNC.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The assault and battery case involving Charlotte Hornets rookie guard P.J. Hairston has been rescheduled for September, according to WSOC.

The former UNC standout was due to appear in court in Durham County on Friday on a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery following an altercation with a high school basketball player during a pickup game last month.

Bill Thomas, one of Hairston’s lawyers, tells WSOC Hairston had a waiver to miss Friday’s appearance. He said his next appearance is scheduled for Sept. 12 but could be pushed back to Oct. 3.

Kentrell Barkley, a senior at Northern Durham High School, said in court documents Hairston “punched him twice in the head” during a heated basketball game at the Durham YMCA.

2 comments

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 86,767 other followers