Firefighters dealing with ammonia leak at NC business; train service stopped
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A Hazmat crew along with Fayetteville firefighters are at Vanguard Culinary Group on Whitefield Street trying to stop an ammonia leak.
Officials told WTVD-TV that they are having a difficult time reaching the valves to stop the leak.
Whitfield Street between Robeson Street and Southern Avenue is blocked off.
Crews have been at the scene since 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
At least six trains have been stopped because of the situation.
Firefighters told ABC11 no evacuation is in place and no one has been hurt.
Ammonia is combustible, which is why it’s a concern.