IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

NC man falls asleep with lit cigarette, house catches fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
A North Carolina man’s home is up in flames after officials said he fell asleep while smoking a cigarette. (WSOC-TV)

A North Carolina man’s home is up in flames after officials said he fell asleep while smoking a cigarette. (WSOC-TV)

KANNAPOLIS, N.C. — A North Carolina man’s home caught fire after officials said he fell asleep with a lit cigarette.

WBTV reported that it happened around 10:30 p.m. Thursday on Walnut Street in Kannapolis.

Officials said there were no injuries, but the home sustained about $50,000 worth of damage.

Authorities said the homeowner fell asleep while holding a lit cigarette and was taken to hospital, but is expected to be okay.

The fire caused extensive damage to the back of the home, according to investigators. The American Red Cross is reportedly assisting the victims.

2 comments

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 89,451 other followers