Winston-Salem man burned while trying to remove burning pot from home

1032 Glenmont Road in Winston-Salem (Google Maps)

1032 Glenmont Road in Winston-Salem (Google Maps)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A man was burned by hot oil as he tried to remove a burning pot from his home Tuesday night, according to the Winston-Salem Journal.

Winston-Salem firefighters were called to 1032 Glenmont Road at 8:10 p.m. They found that a pot of oil had been left unattended on the stove.

The oil caught fire and the resident tried to carry the pot outside, but he tripped and spilled the oil on himself, according to the Winston-Salem Fire Department.

The man was burned on his neck, arm and leg. The man was taken to Wake Forest Baptist medical Center.

The man’s condition and identity were not disclosed by the fire department. There was no damage to the home.