Exploding towels in Rockingham County: Fact not fiction

This damage was caused by an exploding towel. (Courtesy of the Rockingham County Fire Marshal's Office via The Greensboro News & Record)

This damage was caused by an exploding towel. (Courtesy of the Rockingham County Fire Marshal's Office via The Greensboro News & Record)

WENTWORTH, N.C. — Imagine seeing a towel burst into flames for no apparent reason.

It’s not that uncommon in Rockingham County, according to the Greensboro News & Record.

Firefighters in Rockingham County have had to deal with the spontaneous combustion of towels going as far back as the 1990s.

“This has happened four times in the last year and we can name a bunch in the past,” Rockingham County Fire Marshal Robert Cardwell told the paper.

An igniting towel destroyed a home in Madison’s Hunstville neighborhood in March.

Read full story: The Greensboro News & Record

5 comments

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,595 other followers