HIGH POINT, N.C. -- A man suffered burns on his face and hand after a propane tank explosion and fire in High Point early Tuesday morning.
A man who works at Carolina Container Co. was injured when officials believe he was filling a propane cylinder and a fire ignited, causing the explosions.
The man was able to run away before the explosion but was still burned from the fire.
His identity has not been released.
Officials say the man suffered minor burns to his face and second degree burns to his hands.
He was taken to Baptist Medical Center for treatment. He was released around noon on Tuesday.
The building was evacuated.
Officials say the force of the explosions sent a propane tank through a metal wall at the warehouse.
Several neighbors in the area heard the explosions.
"It shook the house so I came outside to see what was going on," said Patsy Stuart, who lives across the street from the business. "I thought maybe someone had run into a building or something. A neighbor behind me; she was already out here and she said when she came out she saw flames coming from the top, out of the roof."
Prospect Street reopened to traffic around 8 a.m.