HIGH POINT, N.C. – Emergency crews responded to Penn-Griffin School for the Arts in High Point on Thursday after several kids reported feeling nauseous.
Crews responded to the school on East Washington Drive around 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Officials believe tar fumes produced by roofing materials caused the students feel nauseous.
EMS crews treated eight 8th graders from two classrooms. Six students were transported to the hospital at the request of their parents.
Work crews are currently installing a new roof on the school.
As of 4 p.m., crews are no longer on scene.