How to disable auto-play videos on Facebook
Do you hate when Facebook auto-plays videos while you’re scrolling through your newsfeed? Well, here’s how to completely disable auto-play on desktop and disable auto-play on mobile when no on WiFi.
1. Go to Settings (either by clicking dropdown arrow in the top right or the gear in the top right).
2. Click on “Videos.”
3. Change the “Auto-Play Videos” option to “OFF.”
This will disable auto-play on desktop. To disable on mobile:
1. Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
2. Scroll down and tap on Facebook.
3. Now tap on Settings.
4. Under the Video section, turn On the option for Auto-play on Wi-Fi only.
1. Go to the App Settings from within the Facebook app.
2. Check the box next to “Auto-play videos on Wi-Fi only.”