Fire displaces family, damages apartment in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Food left on a stove caused a fire in an apartment at 3610 High Meadows Drive and displaced the family living there, authorities said Tuesday.
No one was injured.
The fire started about 7:30 p.m. in the apartment, the Winston-Salem Fire Department said.
It took 10 firefighters about five minutes to put out the fire in the city’s northwestern section.
The fire caused $6,000 in damage, the fire department said. The American Red Cross assisted one adult and three children displaced by the fire.