HIGH POINT, N.C. -- The High Point Faith Community will distributing Food Lion cards all day Thursday to those in need after last week's ice storm.
A limited number of cards will be handed, which started at 9 a.m.
Due to the generous donations of individuals, churches and businesses, funds have been raised to assist families who have lost perishable food in the recent power outage.
These cards are currently for those who do not have the means to replace those lost items.
A limited number of Food Lion gift cards will be available for City of High Point residents at the following ministries/agencies:
• Helping Hands-2301 S. Main St., High Point
• Macedonia Family Resource Center-401 Lake Ave., High Point
• New Beginnings Ministries-215 Fourth St., High Point
• Open Door Ministries -400 N. Centennial St., High Point
• The Salvation Army of High Point-301 W. Green Drive, High Point
• Ward Street Community Resources, 1619 W. Ward Ave., High Point
• West End Ministries, 903 W. English Rd., High Point
Gift cards will be distributed on a first come first serve basis and are limited in number.
In order to be eligible to receive a gift card the following will be required:
• Proof of High Point residency (a utility bill, lease, or something else that shows a High Point address)
• Identification (Driver’s License, Picture ID)
• An EBT card, Medicare card, or a Medicaid card.
Those that are seeking a gift card should go to the ministry/agency listed above where they normally go for assistance.
Each household will receive the same amount regardless of family size.