House fire in Pleasant Garden displaces family

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire truck (Stock Photo)

PLEASANT GARDEN, N.C. — A house fire in Pleasant Garden displaced a family of four Monday night.

Crews responded to the house fire at 5204 Bridgestone Court around 10:37 p.m.

The family escaped safely, but there was significant damage to the home.

Officials say the accidental fire started after a man in the house disposed of ashes from the fireplace onto a deck outside. The ashes were still hot and a fire ignited.

The family reportedly did not have power and they were using the fireplace for warmth.