Family gets sick after eating meat laced with LSD

TAMPA, Fla. — LSD tainted beef is being blamed for sickening a Florida family, including two young children, according to WFLA.

Now, federal, state and local investigators are trying to figure out how the dangerous drug got on the meat, and who is responsible.

A balloon tied to a porch announces the birth of a new baby boy, but this week started on a near-tragic note for the family that lives in the home.

Tampa police say Ronnie Morales became sick soon after a family meal that included bottom round steak bought at a Wal-Mart store on North Dale Mabry in Tampa.

His girlfriend, 9-months pregnant Jessica Rosado, rushed him to St. Joseph’s Hospital. She too became ill. Doctors induced labor and she delivered. Soon after, her two daughters, 7 and 6 years old, started having hallucinations and became seriously ill.

The culprit is a Wal-Mart steak laced with LSD.

Police said there was no indication that they know of right now that the meat tasted funny. The family moved into this house on Bel Aire Circle just this week, and the steak dinner was their first home-cooked meal.

Tampa Police Department detectives took remaining foods, and even the oven, to see if they can trace the source of the drug.

The family has no idea where this may have come from. And officials said there’s no indication of any involvement on the part of the family.

Wal-Mart responded quickly, issuing a statement that said they are disturbed about this situation. It stated that it’s unclear where or how the food was tampered with. Wal-Mart has pulled the product from the shelves, and no similar incidents have been reported.

Source: WFLA

3 comments

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,376 other followers