Man stabbed in neck during fight at basketball court in High Point; suspect in custody
Sheim Jhaquieze Bennett
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Police have a man in custody in connection with a stabbing that happened at a neighborhood basketball court Wednesday afternoon.
Police say Javotae Malik Murray was stabbed in the upper torso and neck at a basketball court on the corner of Furlough Avenue and Meredith Street during a fight.
He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and attempted murder.
The incident was reported shortly after 3:30 p.m.
Murray was transported by EMS to High Point Regional with a “very serious injury to the neck and shoulder area,” according to Capt. Mike Kirk. He has undergone surgery and is listed in serious condition.
Bennett was placed in the Guilford County Jail under a $150,000 bond.
The reason for the assault is still under investigation.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home