Burlington man on scooter killed in wreck after running red light
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A man on a scooter was killed in a traffic accident Tuesday night after running a red light and colliding with a vehicle.
Police say that a car and the scooter collided around 10 p.m. and the driver of the scooter died as a result of his injuries.
The accident happened at the intersection of South Church Street and Gurney Street.
According to the report, Daniel Bruce Frost, 66, of Burlington, was riding a 2009 Honda Ruckus moped west on South Church Street when he went through the red light and collided with a vehicle.
Witnesses told police there was a steady red light when Frost drove through.
Frost collided with a 2008 Chevrolet vehicle being driven by William John Wolverton, 50, of Burlington, who had been traveling north on Gurney Street.
Frost was pronounced dead on the scene. Wolverton was not injured.
The accident is still under investigation.
Anyone with additional information is urged to call the Burlington Police Department at 336-229-3500.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault