Missing woman’s body found in wooded area near Lowgap
LOWGAP, N.C. — Officials confirmed a woman’s body was found Saturday in a wooded area near Lowgap.
The body was identified as 56-year-old Ferdinanda Biar.
Biar was found by a neighbor along Appaloosa Trail, near the North Carolina/Virginia border.
Biar had been reported missing from her home on the evening of Feb. 5. The Surry County Sheriff’s Office K-9 was used at that time to conduct a search, but no one was found.
The cause of death has not been determined, but Sheriff Graham Atkinson says there are no obvious signs of foul play.
The body was sent to the medical examiner for an autopsy.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k