Man charged in stabbing death of mother in High Point

Posted on: 4:11 pm, February 6, 2014, by , updated on: 07:43am, February 7, 2014

Bracey Donnell Allen

Bracey Donnell Allen

HIGH POINT, N.C. — Police said a man is in custody after stabbing his mother to death on Avery Avenue Thursday afternoon.

Officers responded to the 300 block of Avery Avenue shortly after 2:45 p.m. in reference to a domestic assault.

Upon arrival, officers discovered 45-year-old Sandra Buie in the street suffering from multiple stab wounds. Buie died on the way to the hospital.
photo
Bracey Donnell Allen, 23, of High Point, was arrested and charged with first degree murder.

Allen was placed in the Guilford County Jail without bond.

No further information is available at this time.

Developing…

• The One says:

Huh?

• Russ says:

About 8 houses down from me. Crazy

• Melrose says:

Stories like these make me wonder if anyone is investigating the underlying causes of such senseless crimes. Rightfully, there is a lot of talk in the media, lately, about mental illness. I would like to suggest starting a dialogue about developing anger management, along with skills on handling adversity.

In recent years, that across all segments of society, the trending method of dealing with adversity is through violence. It appears society is losing its coping skills.

When I grew up, I had shows like the Waltons, the Brady Bunch, the Andy Griffth show, which (believe it or not) helped guide me through many challenging times. Now however, everything on the tele is “reality TV drama”, with each show trying to be more dramatic (and sometimes more violent) than the other, all of which are attempting to achieve higher ratings than the previous season.

With adults working more and more hours away from home, the loss of the foundations of “community”, as well as neighborhoods filled with strangers, the young and old, alike, are turning to violence against strangers, acquaintances, and family members.

I would like to see a study done on these individuals who commit these types of horrendous crimes in an effort to better understand their motivations, and hopefully come away with a method of deterring these crimes in the future.

• henry says:

10-4 brother he looks like a branch manager

• Lee says:

This is best reason I’ve seen to bring back public hangings!!!!!!

• Will Grant says:

oh, brother…these mods on here…don’t print the truth here because there are too many thin-skinned frail liberals who can’t take it

what a pos this guy is…killing his own “moms” as those people say

• Tony Fisher says:

He looks pretty broken up about it.

• Conan says:

All I have to say is Ban Knives! We must come together and ban any knife so these senseless killings will stop. Right ?

• rican says:

may god have mercy on his soul

• Boogie says:

Does anyone know the address of the house, I think I know who owns the home.

• Boogie says:

Is it the house right next to the church???

• He’s evil, people are crazy God help them.

• Tim says:

A senseless act of a street thug….so I say we give a senseless act and hang him on the porch instead of paying to have a warm place to stay and hot food forever!

• Mary says:

You raise a child the right way , Then when they reach a certain age all you can do is pray for them the road they take take isn’t your fault no one to blame, it’s between that child and GOD.

• Ricky says:

and we take Jesus out of schools!

• Tim says:

Why am I not surprised…..Really would love to see public hanging brought back…..But still wouldn’t faze there THUGS….just sit back and watch the chaos.

• dewey says:

will never understand how you can take the life of the person who gave it to you…….she could have ended this 23 years ago