Brother shoots brother in Cary’s first homicide in 2014

Posted on: 1:14 pm, February 2, 2014, by , updated on: 04:28pm, February 2, 2014

Kevin Leroy Bodden

Kevin Leroy Bodden

CARY, N.C. (WTVD) – Cary police are investigating a homicide on the 2000 block of Talking Rock Drive.

Authorities say 54-year-old Kevin Leroy Bodden shot and killed his brother, 44-year-old Mark Gregory Bodden, Saturday.

The brothers’ mother reported the incident around 8:45 a.m. Bodden had been staying for the last several months with his brother and mother.

Gregory was found dead from multiple gunshot wounds when police arrived at the Bexley at Triangle Park Apartments.

Although he fled the scene, police located Bodden in Durham. He has been charged with first-degree murder.

This is Cary’s first homicide since May 2013.

Source: WTVD

• JustMe says:

This story is young I know but still so vague..Which bro was living with mom and which was visiting, the shooter or the shootee? It makes a big difference..

• lisa says:

they need to shoot that smirk right off his ugly face

What is wrong with people that they feel the way to solve an argument is with violence?
    If I had an argument with my brother we yelled at each other called each other a jerk and that was it. If it was a really big one, maybe we did not talk for a week.

• brett says:

I live one bulging away and completely shocked of what happened, never thought it would be so close.

• Douchebag says:

awwww how sweet at least he’s happy about it. lol

• JT says:

I remember those shirts that said, “I’d rather be shot in Durham than die of boredom in Cary.” Looks like you have your pick–you can die of boredom OR be shot in Cary. Still wouldn’t live (or die, as the case may be) there if I could help it.