Alamance Co. woman working two jobs wins $100,000 in lottery
RALEIGH, N.C. – A Graham woman who currently works two jobs as a cook in Graham won $100,000 playing the North Carolina lottery, lottery officials announced on Friday.
Guadalupe Valtierra won playing the Mega Bucks scratch-off game. She said her winnings will help her pay some bills and buy some items for her home.
Valtierra bought the ticket at The Pop Shoppe on U.S. 70 in Mebane. She said her legs “started to shake” when she realized one of the three tickets she purchased was a big winner. Previously, the largest prize she had won was $20.
After state and federal taxes, Valtierra received $69,201. She said she would use some of the money to buy a new dryer, a new microwave and tires for her car.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault