Cold weather continues to pound the Piedmont
Even though a Wind Chill Advisory for the Piedmont area expired Friday morning, the cold weather isn’t over just yet.
Over the weekend a little moderation as we climb back to the lower 40s on Saturday and mid 40s on Sunday.
Then another cold front moves through on Monday and lowers our temperatures again.
Highs back down to the lower 40s on Monday and into the 20s for highs again on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Through the period the weather will be mostly dry. However, we have to watch Wednesday as there may be a little pattern change that brings some moisture our way.
Friday’s advisory was issued when unusually cold temperatures and breezy winds combine to create dangerously low wind chill values. Wind chill readings were at or below 0 degrees.
Due to the cold, some school systems operated on a delay Friday.
The N.C. Zoo in Asheboro remains closed to the public on Friday. The park will reopen Saturday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault