UNC football player Travis Hughes charged with assault
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) — School officials said a linebacker for the UNC football team has been charged after an assault apparently over parking.
Officials said 21-year-old Travis Hughes has been suspended from all team activities after an altercation with a parking attendant.
The officer who took the call said they were responding to a fight, but once they got there, Hughes had driven away. He was arrested shortly after on Hibbard Drive.
Hughes is a junior at UNC and a starting linebacker for the football team. He’s from Virginia Beach and is majoring in communication studies.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault