3 injured in construction accident at NC State University
(Screen capture from WTVD video)
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) – Three construction workers were injured Wednesday afternoon on the campus of North Carolina State University.
Officials say it happened around 3:15 p.m. near Cates Avenue at an addition to the Talley Student Center.
ABC11 was told the incident involved a crane and a steel beam which was about 8 feet off the ground.
Two of the injuries were minor. Another was considered serious. All three victims were taken to WakeMed.
The construction site is fenced off. No students were at risk.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault