3 injured in construction accident at NC State University
(Screen capture from WTVD video)
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) – Three construction workers were injured Wednesday afternoon on the campus of North Carolina State University.
Officials say it happened around 3:15 p.m. near Cates Avenue at an addition to the Talley Student Center.
ABC11 was told the incident involved a crane and a steel beam which was about 8 feet off the ground.
Two of the injuries were minor. Another was considered serious. All three victims were taken to WakeMed.
The construction site is fenced off. No students were at risk.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.