Three men killed in High Point wreck
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Three men are dead following a car wreck early Tuesday morning in High Point.
Police say the driver and two passengers died when a 2003 Audi A6 ran off the road on South Main Street and crashed into the Show Place West Building near High Street.
The wreck occurred around 12:15 a.m.
The driver, Edgar Jehovanni Ramos, 19; passengers, Etzel Martinez Cruz, 39, and Jose Louis Gonzalez-Delon, 29, were all ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
They were all from High Point.
Police say that prior to the impact, the Audi was traveling in excess 0f 100 mph and that speed was a major factor in the wreck.
Alcohol is also suspected to have been involved, according to police.
Some of the windows in the building were broken, but the structure was not damaged.
A portion of Main Street was closed overnight, but has since reopened.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave