Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos
SEATTLE, Wash. — The Seattle Seahawks defeated the San Francisco 49ers 23-17 Sunday in the NFC Championship Game at Seattle to advance to Super Bowl XLVIII against the Denver Broncos.
Russell Wilson completed 16 of 25 passes for 215 yards and one touchdown to lead the Seahawks to the win.
The Seahawks are aiming for their first Super Bowl title. They reached the final game in 2005 but lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Super Bowl will be played February 2 in New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium, site of the first outdoor cold-weather Super Bowl. Game time is 6:30 p.m. ET. It airs on FOX.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault