Deal or Dud? Potato Express

Posted on: 11:08 pm, January 7, 2014, by , updated on: 09:50am, January 8, 2014

So you wanted baked potatoes for dinner but you didn’t plan ahead? Well, that’s a problem because they can take a while to cook in the oven.

But this week’s Deal or Dud product promises to make them an easier option.

FOX8 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Melissa Painter had to put the “Potato Express” to the test.

You can put 4 med potatoes in a microwave alone and in 10 min they will be done. Why does anybody need this baking bag?

• anne says:

Poke holes in a med to large russet and microwave on high for 6 mins turning halfway through….. perfect baked taters everytime

• I have one and mine works perfect, it all depends on the microwave too :)

• Wayne Scott says:

We received on of these for Christmas – It does work – we have used it on both Baking Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes…Good Gift…

• Fonville says:

I just purchased one a few days ago and was so excited to see it in the store and not have to purchase on-line or over the phone. Thanks to you all for the mixed bag of feedback because I have yet to try it. I will come back to comment once I do. Wish me luck.

• fred says:

From the looks of those firemen they haven’t missed a single meal.
    Two flights of steps would put all of them in the hospital

• brad says:

Yea Fred, you will sure be glad when they show up at your house if it is on fire. You have no respect.

• brad says:

When they carry you or a loved one from your burning house I bet you won’t care about what they look like. Or better yet, remind them it is you when they show up. They will still do their job.

• Amanda says:

If they weren’t fit enough for the job then they wouldn’t be doing it. It does take training and they do have to keep in a well enough shape to be working. Most even volunteer so how can you be rude about someones weight when they may not even get a pay check for their hard work? You need to learn to respect people because you never know when you will need someones help. They will be there regardless.

• Brenda W. says:

I have had one of these for years and they work great. Didn’t buy this same product but bought from a lady selling them at a craft show. Mine will hold 4 good size potatoes and cook in 16 minutes. The wattage on that small microwave at the firehouse may have been the problem. I normally only do 2 large russett potatoes for me and my husband and in 6-7 minutes they are perfectly baked and fluffy. The ones I own have no liner of any type but are double material that I wash and dry. I am more than pleased with mine.

• April says:

Mine come from a lady at a craft fair too! I love mine also. Don’t know what the difference is but mine works like a charm!

• Trina says:

It is 4 min per potatoe and they come out perfect!!! Of course like with anything else if it is more than one it takes more time

• Bettie Aultman says:

I just wanted to say that I have two of these and I love them. I think they make the best baked potatoes. They work great with sweet potatoes too. Just wash, wrap in paper towel and place in pouch and nuke away. Somewhere close to 4 min for two potatoes. Just don’t know what happened in your test kitchen?