Notre Dame stuns No. 7 Duke in ACC debut
DURHAM, N.C. — Notre Dame upset No. 7 Duke in a 79-77 victory Saturday in Durham in the Atlantic Coast Conference debut for the Fighting Irish.
WRAL reported that Duke led most of the game until a late Notre Dame run put the Fighting Irish in the lead.
Eric Atkins scored seven of his 19 points during a decisive 20-4 run to lead Notre Dame to a 79-77 upset.
The Irish (10-4, 1-0) managed to hold on to improve to 13-6 against top 10 teams at home under Mike Brey.
Read more: WRAL
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k